Dear Charlie,
There are so many things that I want to tell you but can't! You are gone now and that's so hard! Those people you hung out with killed you!? How could you leave me for them! We were bestfriends; we were more than that! I loved you and you just leave me because of Jenny! Jenny Flick!!! She ruined you! Because of her, you started to do drugs, to drink! And now you're gone! She turned you away from me! I never told anyone your about your family! I could have, but I didn't! She told people, she blamed me and you still left me! Why didn't you believe me? I thought you trusted me; I trusted you! But you're gone and I can't do anything to change that! I miss you Charlie. I love you.
Vera
Dear Jenny,
You won. You took Charlie from me. You turned him against me and you got him all to yourself. But look what happened. He is dead because of you. He would still be here if he would have believed me! You were the bad person! You lied to him and framed me. But you won, and I hope your happy. I lost Charlie a long time ago, but to you, it's fresh. To you, he just left and there is no chance of him returning.
Vera
Dear Mom,
Everything was better when you were here. Every girl needs her mom. I need you now, more than ever! I guess I should tell you that Charlie died, dad quit drinking and I have a job. I work as a pizza delivery girl. Anyways, I wish you had never left.
Vera
Dear Dad,
Thank you for always being here for me! I know I can always count on you! I wouldn't be able to get through this without you. But so you know, working more won't solve all my problems. Forgetting and ignoring all my problems won't make them dissappear. They will always be there, haunting me. But I can't tell you that because you won't listen. I need you to tell me that things will get better, that they take time. I need to hear that Charlie loves me, that mom loves me. Whether I will ever hear those or not doesn't matter. I just want to thank you! I love you Dad.
Vera
Dear Vera,
You never did anything to make Charlie leave. You tried your best to make him stay, but that wasn't enough for him. He chose to leave you for Jenny. Jenny was in control of the situation and Charlie was the victom. Charlie loved you Vera. Your mom didn't leave because of you. She left because she didn't think what she had was good enough. She wanted more when all she needed was right in front of her. She loves you. Your dad tries. He isn't a girl and doesn't know what you need. For him, he ignores things. He ignored your mothers leaving. He is still trying to ignore it. He thinks ignoring Charlie's death is the best thing for you. He loves you and wants what it best for you!
Vera
Hey Alicia, I love the idea of writing letters to the different characters. Out of the four books we read this year, this one was my favorite. The author did a great job of telling the story in a way that made it very easy and fun to read. Since the story is told from several different point of views, I like the idea of writing the letter to different characters. You did a great job of expressing her feelings towards each character. While reading your letters it felt like it could have been taken right out of the book. I especially like the one you wrote to Vera's father. It was very true to what she was feeling through out the book. She wants to tell her father all these things but he doesn't listen. In the letter you were able to tell Vera's father exactly what she was thinking. Great post, keep it up!
ReplyDeleteWhat a creative idea to write letters to the characters in your book! I haven't gotten the chance to read this book yet, but I think I will if I can find time to over summer break. This book sounds really interesting how you have explained it throughout your blog posts. Great Job at blogging captivating posts!
DeleteI love the way that you write letters to each of the characters, especially because it doesn't give anything away too much, but it gives just the right amount in a format that is very interesting to the reader! Nice work!
ReplyDelete